I’ve been a bit absent these past two weeks so I thought I’d make my return to blogging with a little introduction post about myself.
When I started this blog I had no idea if anyone would ever even find it. That didn’t worry me – writing all of this down is as much for me as it is for others. I woke up one day with this crazy idea that I’d like to start a blog. The concept was completely foreign to me, I’ve never even really followed other blogs… but I just couldn’t shake it. Every time I closed my eyes I thought about it. The whole thing terrified me and yet it was calling to me, begging me to accept it. I love writing and I’ve never had any problem with deep meaningful conversations that let people into the real you but for some reason the idea of posting publicly (even if it was on a website that might never be seen by anyone) absolutely terrified me. When the persistence of the idea got too much I (very nervously) told my partner that I’d been thinking about it, and, to my absolute amazement, he told me he thought it was a fantastic idea and encouraged me to begin immediately.
So, now it’s a few months on, I’m sloooooowly getting used to the idea that people actually read what I write and it seems only fair that you all get to hear a little bit about who I really am. After all, I did name this blog “The Truth About M.E” . I have no idea how to go about writing a decent introduction, so I’ve found this list of questions from Conversation Starters World and I’m going to attempt to answer them. Okay, I’m not answering all of them (there are 200) but I’ve picked out 20 that seem kinda relevant and I’ll have a go… wish me luck.
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Hahaha well what a lot of extra time that would be. I guess I’d just spend more time with my flatmates and friends. Generally that’s what I regret most about having to disappear for an early night or a nap etc.
- What’s your favourite piece of clothing you own/owned? My skirt (image below), I absolutely love this, it’s comfortable, looks great, has pockets! AND it’s even more special because my Nana picked out both the pattern and the fabric for me and I made it myself.
- What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? Jet Sprints, I grew up around jet boating and absolutely loved competing in the family rally days. Hence, I’ve always thought it would be awesome to have a go at proper jet sprints. If you don’t know what that is… google it! You won’t be disappointed, or maybe you will, I guess it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
- How often do you play sports? Never… I’m not sporty. I might occasionally throw a rugby ball or frisby with my partner, occasionally. I am a dancer though and I try to do that at least once a week.
- What job would you be terrible at? Anything sporty, physical or otherwise energy intensive… I’m also super queasy so anything in the health line would probably be a bad idea.
- When was the last time you climbed a tree? Who knows! But now I have a strange urge to climb the tree I can see out the window.
- What would be the most amazing adventure to go on? Uuuhhhhh, at the moment I’m just excited for overseas travel but any adventure is a good adventure if you are with great people! Sorry, that was really cheesy.
- If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house look like? I’m not too sure what it would “look” like, but it would probably be quite rustic, with a large garden complete with a view and a covered outdoor yoga platform, inside would include a sewing/craft room, a reading room, music room, and lots of fluffy cushions.
- Are you usually early or late? Definitely early, I really really really hate being late and get super nervous about it.
- What pets did you have while you were growing up? Dogs, Cats, Lambs and Calves. Oh and chickens I guess.
- What’s your go to band or artist when you can’t decide on something to listen to? Ashes Remain, Halestorm, P!nk, Graeme James. No particular order, it depends on my mood.
- What’s the best way to start the day? COFFEE
- How do you relax after a hard day of work? Sleep, write, read, play on my Nintendo 3DS etc.
- What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home? Tibet I suppose?
- What’s the most heart-warming thing you’ve ever seen? Maybe not the most heart-warming, but I used to teach toddlers how to dance/skip/clap in time to the music and it is soooo gorgeous.
- What is the most annoying question that people ask you? Not really a question, but “you know they’re permanent right?” referring to my tattoos. Yes, I know they’re permanent, that’s kinda the point.
- Would you rather go hang gliding or white water rafting? I think white water rafting, though I wouldn’t say no to hang gliding either.
- What’s your dream car? Chevrolet Camaro, dark red.
- What do people think is weird about you? My partner and I don’t have “sides” to our bed. A lot of people find that really strange when they find out.
- Which of your scars has the best story behind it? Do you count tattoos as scars? I have 6 tattoos all of which have quite intense meaning and stories behind them. Other than that, I have a couple of actual scars down my left side (one on the hip and one on the knee) that I got riding my motorbike. I was just learning about gears and how to use the clutch and I tried to stop while going down a hill, pulled on the front breaks, forgot to use the back breaks (cause I was so busy trying to remember how to use the clutch/gears) and as a result was sent flying over the top of the bike. I remember I was the only girl there (and also the youngest) and I didn’t want to look weak so I took a quick look then rolled my pants back down and continued for a few more hours. I didn’t realise until I got back to my tent later that I was bleeding all down my left arm, side and leg and I’d actually bent the handlebars out of shape… won’t forget that one.
I made it to 20! Did I miss anything you’d really love to know? Go ahead and answer some yourselves if you’re game! – I’d love to get to know you guys as-well 🙂