July has been another crazily busy month, I feel like it’s been freezing cold and raining constantly (which isn’t true at all). Let’s just say I am very ready to say farewell to winter for another year.
Highlights and Lowlights:
- I passed my Medal Test for dance, which means I’ve ticked off another of my 2018 goals. AND I passed with Honours which I think was a goal I hadn’t even admitted to myself.
- The other highlights for this month would be the little mini adventures that my partner and I have been on. These have been a mixture of spontaneous and planned, from a short trip to a new beach to collect driftwood, to a full weekend away in a different town. It’s been great to get out of the house and do something a little different.
- The cold and lack of sun are REALLY getting to me. Like I said, I cannot wait to say farewell to winter.
I’ve picked up a couple of new goals for dance and have already started working towards them. We talked to our teacher and we’re looking at moving up a class if we can which will involve a lot of practice and some serious concentration in our lessons. Our teacher seems to think it’s totally achievable and I’m sure it will be super fun as-well! We missed the competition unfortunately but we’ve got our eyes and ears out for the next one, whenever that may be.
As for all my other goals, well – they’re happening just with a lot less speed. But that’s okay, I can only do so much at once! I’ve started my second term of flute which is exciting and I’ve been steadily getting back into the Dutch practice. There’s no point putting pressure on myself when I’m already tired from long work hours, cold temperatures and a lack of sun exposure so I’m really just taking it as it comes.
For August I’m focussing on going back to the basics of my bullet journal and tracking progress. I find that the months that I get slack on this are the months I feel the least sense of achievement. Writing it all down and being able to see a visual representation of the progress I’m making is so valuable to me so I can’t wait to get back into it properly.
3 Things I’ve Learned:
- It’s okay to slow down sometimes, we are only human.
- The cold makes my eyes and hands sore.
- Practice makes perfect.